This recipe combines two of my favorite snacking foods (chocolate and nut butters) into one convenient little bite. Super easy to make, they are creamy, nutty and just sweet enough to make you feel like you’re really indulging, but are WAY healthier than a chocolate bar or even a packaged granola bar. Carry a couple to energize on the go or take them over to your next tea party! I like to keep a batch in my freezer and grab a couple on my way to work to eat as a mid-morning snack that tastes more like dessert than a ball of quinoa.
Chocolate Coconut Quinoa Balls
- 3 cups cooked quinoa
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 3 tbsp nut butter (almond, cashew, peanut)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- Mix all ingredients, except coconut, in a large bowl.
- Spread coconut on a large plate. Line a baking sheet in parchment paper.
- Form 1.5 tbsp balls in your hands, roll them in coconut and place on baking sheet.
- Refrigerate for a couple of hours to harden before enjoying.
Makes 20 servings. Per serving:
75 calories – 10 g carbs – 2 g protein – 3 g fat – 1 g fibre