I’ve never been able to get the man in my life to eat any of my baking, even when I replaced practically all the sugar with healthier sweeteners. He has a zero tolerance approach to the sweetener unless it’s hidden in the form of my mother’s pies, but certainly makes no exception for my kitchen creations. Since it’s no fun for your tummy to eat an entire batch of cookies on its own, I caved and made a fiancé-friendly version for us to share and was ecstatic with the results! He joyously exclaimed that these are the only cookies he will ever eat and then proceeded to eat three of them right off of my beautiful photo display.
Not only are they delicious, but they couldn’t possibly get any healthier: sugar-free, gluten-free, oil-free and vegan!
If you’re looking for a slightly more decadent treat, add in 1/4 cup of 70% dark chocolate or carob chips.
Mega Healthy Cookies
- 2 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup quick oats
- 1/2 cup chopped dates
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp vanilla vegan protein powder or 1 tsp stevia powder (optional)
- 16 pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix all ingredients, except pecans, in a large bowl.
- Spoon 2 tbsp mounds of batter onto a parchement-lined cookie sheet and press pecans into tops of each. Bake for 15 minutes, let cool for 10 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
Makes 16 cookies. Per cookie:
125 calories – 16 g carbs – 3 g protein – 6 g fat – 2 g fiber